The position of Technical Accounting Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery and implementation teams during the entire client life-cycle, from implementation through regular day-to-day work. This includes accounting systems setup, review/audit, historical accounting work, and process refinements so that the ongoing delivery team can easily take over what you have setup. The role requires a high level of technical accounting and systems knowledge, and the desire to continue to refine those skills.
What’s in it for you?
-Health Insurance (HMO)
-Expanded maternity leave up to 120 days
-Expanded paternity leave up to 30 days
-Paid Time offs (Vacation Leaves Are Convertible to cash if unused)
-Fun & Relaxed environment
Technical Accounting Specialist
Eastwood Libis QC
Monday to Friday | 11 PM to 8 AM
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is not an all-inclusive list and additional duties may be assigned as necessary:
● Provide client-specific bookkeeping and accounting services including but not limited to:
○ Analysis of accounting files for potential clients, identifying accounting issues and potential solutions based upon the story the books tell
○ Pricing of services to clients
○ Setup of 3rd party applications, including but not limited to QBO, Bill.com, Expensify, Divvy, Cash Flow Frog, including creating reference documentation to send to clients
○ Understanding of US business entity taxation and how it relates to bookkeeping
The qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
• 8+ years full-charge bookkeeping/accounting experience (audit experience highly desirable!)
• Ability to read financial statements and suggest revisions / recognize errors
• Strong grasp on full-cycle accounting, including Accruals
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, team members, and outside vendors verbally and in writing, providing the necessary follow-up to ensure a great customer experience.
• Prior experience working in a multi-client environment.
• Proficiency with Accounting Software: QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and Expensify.
• Working knowledge of internal software: Asana, Google Workspace, Slack, and Karbon
• Very tech-savvy; extremely comfortable learning new programs/tools and implementing them
• Comfortable working in a virtual, paperless environment.
• Strong ability to meet deadlines & handle multiple assignments.
• Proven ability to work in a self-directed manner, with initiative and exceptional follow-through.
• Sound judgment, strong decision-making skills & abundant common sense.
• Extremely high attention to detail, organized, and assertive.
• Self-aware, comfortable knowing your own limits and when to ask for help.
• High personal ethical standards.
• Able to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
• Eager to leverage technology for efficiency and progress.
• Proven ability to manage time and work efficiently.
• Friendly demeanor with a positive can-do spirit; takes pride in high-quality work