The Senior Accountant will be responsible for recording financial transactions, maintaining financial records, fact checking financial data and updating financial statements. You will ensure accounts are current and accurate, using specialized software, spreadsheets and other tools to track and manage data. You will also track all income and expenditures for the company as well as work on various special projects providing administrative support when needed.
What’s in it for you?
-Health Insurance (HMO)
-Expanded maternity leave up to 120 days
-Paid Time offs (Vacation Leaves Are Convertible to cash if unused)
-Fun & Relaxed environment
Eastwood Libis, QC (Work from home until further notice)
Monday to Friday | 6 AM to 3 PM
About the Client:
The Client is a creative marketing agency based in Los Angeles and Seattle. They are currently working on the launch of their newest wellness brand. This brand is on a mission to create product experiences and tell stories that address real human needs, for every generation. They are a group of driven entrepreneurs, designers, and product developers with a proven method to make Omni-channel brands successfully. You will be joining an all-star team of creatives whose resumes include EVP of marketing for Disney, designers, and consultants for the initial iPhone launch, a top 50 Amazon Best Seller, the first graphic designer for Uber, and the lead designer for Amazon Go, to name a few.
● Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing/ updating chart of accounts
● Define and periodically update bookkeeping policies and procedures
● Assist in development, implementation, and monitoring of accounting, budget, and audit controls
● Examine accounting records and prepare financial statements and reports both externally and internally, as assigned, in a timely manner.
● Prepare journal entries, financial reporting, and account reconciliations and actively maintain general ledger
● Assist with periodic banking activities, accounts payable processing and back-up
● Process accounts payable documents and manage purchase orders and vendor records as required
● Assist with the maintenance of the accounts receivable subledger and follow up on past due payments (duties shall include entering/reconciling sales, billing, receiving, and applying payments and maintaining vendor records)
● Maintain inventory subledger and ensure the costing is correct.
● Perform daily reconciliation of sales receipts
● Perform weekly cash reconciliations
● Perform monthly reporting including reconciliation of company credit cards
● Coordinate bank deposits and perform bank reconciliation
● Prepare and/or review and processing of all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
● Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed
● Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements at federal and state level from a statutory perspective
● Actively support management of tax reporting requirements to the IRS (will include acquiring and entering W9 forms from vendors, assisting the Controller with issuance of 1099 forms etc.)
● Provide support for management’s information requests in a timely and accurate manner
● Present financial information to managers and supervisors as needed
● Provide timely and accurate financial statements and budgets as requested
● Support year-end audit process.
Skills and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, math or a related field preferred
● Experience working with U.S. companies remotely
● U.S. company Tax Filing experience
● 4+ years’ experience in accounting or business related field
● 4+ years of experience with QuickBooks Enterprise
● Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
● Experience with payroll systems; Gusto experience a plus
● Familiarity with Shopify and PayPal a plus
● Administrative experience
● Attention to detail and accuracy
● Able to multitask, prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
● Ability to communicate complex data clearly
● Excellent data entry skills
● Great interpersonal and customer service skills